We are building the sex, love, and intimacy superbrand of the future. Kama is a wellbeing platform based on the science-backed idea that pleasure is health. With stress being the number one proxy killer in the world today, our mental health is more important than ever. As a society, however, we too often focus on pain and look to the brain to restore balance. This is why Kama has a different approach to wellbeing. We are shifting the focus to our body and placing pleasure at the forefront of the experience, regardless of your background, sexual preferences, body type, age, or gender.
More than a business, Kama is a social movement aimed at turning the biggest cultural taboo into a positive conversation by building a diverse and engaged community.
Kama was founded by Chloe Macintosh, an experienced entrepreneur who was most recently Chief Creative Officer at Soho House Group. Chloe previously co-founded Made.com, a fast-growing e-commerce startup that recently had its initial public offering for £775M.
Sexual wellness has been a life-long passion for Chloe, and Kama is the product of over 15 years of self-discovery and research. Through Kama, her mission is to help people access pleasure as a wellbeing modality that can positively impact many aspects of our lives.
Our investors are a diverse group of the world’s leading VC firms and influential angels, including AlleyCorp (led by Kevin Ryan, founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt Groupe, Business Insider), Female Founders Fund, and Raine Group.
We are looking for a project-based Video Editor to help define our video style, as well as to manage post-production editing for all our video content. You can find examples of our video content on the Kama App (available in the App Store).
Our ideal candidate is experienced with owning the full editing process for creating engaging video content for mobile, web, and social media, and is able to work self-sufficiently alongside a lean team.
This position is full-time project-based, with the opportunity for an extended full-time employment role. This role reports to our Creative Director and is fully remote – candidates can apply from Europe or North America (east coast only).
- Post-production of all video content for our app, website, and social media
- Transform raw footage into highly engaging videos using text overlay, music, strategic cuts, scroll-stopping messaging, and imagery
- Draw creative references and new ideas for mobile-optimised video content
- Elevate our visual brand by defining our in-house video style under the direction of our Creative Director and in collaboration with the content team
- Work independently, adjusting to feedback and proposing new ideas for creative edits
- Finalise the layout, appearance, overlaying text, and timing of each video
- Demonstrate great communication skills and collaboration as a team player
- 4+ years of experience in video post-production and editing, as well as audio/sound editing (podcast editing experience preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, etc.) and other popular editing software
- Past experience with basic animation and motion graphics is a plus
- Proper understanding of post-production workflows
- Highly creative, organized, and able to work remotely from Europe or North America (east coast only)
- Ability to provide examples of previous work and projects
- Passionate about video production and digital media
- Desire to have fun at work with a lean and growing team
- Curiosity and interest in the topics of sexuality, relationships, and intimacy is a plus
As our company grows, our needs for video will evolve, along with the potential for this role to transition into a long-term position. To apply, send a resume with some thoughts on why you’d be a good fit, as well as a portfolio/demo reel to email@example.com. Thank you!