We are building the sex, love, and intimacy superbrand of the future. Our first product, which launched on the iOS app store in October 2020, is a sexual wellbeing app that combines modern science and ancient wisdom into easy-to-follow daily practices. We’re here to help our users have the best sex of their life, no matter their age, sexuality or gender.
More than a business, Kama is a social movement aimed at turning the biggest cultural taboo into a positive conversation by building a diverse and engaged community.
Kama was founded by Chloe Macintosh, an experienced entrepreneur who was most recently Chief Creative Officer at Soho House Group. Chloe previously co-founded Made.com, one of the fastest-growing startups in UK history. Sexual wellness has been a life-long passion for Chloe, and Kama is the product of over 15 years of self-discovery, research, and preparation. Through Kama, her mission is to help people access their pleasure.
Our investors are a diverse group of the world’s leading VC firms and influential angels, including AlleyCorp (led by Kevin Ryan, founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt Groupe, Business Insider), Female Founders Fund, and Raine Group.
You have experience conceptualizing and building remarkable mobile consumer products. You are ready to drive the vision and direction of the Kama product, leading the major strategic initiatives that will define our users’ experience. You will get hands-on alongside our lean team and work directly on the key initiatives that will shape our offering. Your goal will be to build and deliver the best possible experiences for customers, and subsequent value for the company. You will work closely with our Co-CEO, creative director, product designer, and engineering teams.
This role will have a direct impact on the shift in the global cultural conversation around sexuality.
- Drive the implementation of the product roadmap by getting hands-on and involved with creation and execution
- Helping to craft and execute the overall vision and strategy for the Kama product
- Crafting and executing the overall vision and strategy for the Kama core products
- Conducting user research to better understand the needs of our users and be responsible for owning the UX and customer insights processes, working alongside our creative director and our product designer
- Ownership of go-to-market strategy and process. You will be responsible for developing a repeatable process to launch new products & features, as well as defining how our product development maps to our commercial strategy
- Establish a data practice across product management measuring to objectives and key results that align with the product and business strategy
What we’re looking for
- You are a proven expert with 5+ years of experience in building mobile consumer products from concept through execution and launch, preferably having worked in a startup environment.
- You are a technically proficient product expert; able to work closely with and get buy-in from engineers and have good understanding of data-driven development process
- You have experience building native and web products.
- You believe that to succeed in your role, staying hands-on and getting into the details is critical.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to influence the team, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems.
- You have high expectations for your people and set a strong example with your own output and work ethic.
- You have a curiosity for the topics of sexuality, relationships, and intimacy, as well as a strong desire to positively impact the world
If you think you would be a good fit, we would love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply.