We are building the sex, love, and intimacy superbrand of the future. Our first product, which launched on the iOS app store in October 2020, is a sexual wellbeing app that combines modern science and ancient wisdom into easy-to-follow daily practices. We’re here to help our users have the best sex of their life, no matter their age, sexuality or gender.
More than a business, Kama is a social movement aimed at turning the biggest cultural taboo into a positive conversation by building a diverse and engaged community.
Kama was founded by Chloe Macintosh, an experienced entrepreneur who was most recently Chief Creative Officer at Soho House Group. Chloe previously co-founded Made.com, one of the fastest-growing startups in UK history. Sexual wellness has been a life-long passion for Chloe, and Kama is the product of over 15 years of self-discovery, research, and preparation. Through Kama, her mission is to help people access their pleasure.
Our investors are a diverse group of the world’s leading VC firms and influential angels, including AlleyCorp (led by Kevin Ryan, founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt Groupe, Business Insider), Female Founders Fund, and Raine Group and Stride.
We are looking for a talented Editor and Copywriter to develop Kama’s voice and our Editorial strategy. Working directly with theCEO and Creative Director , you will oversee the online and in-app presence of our editorial work. You will also oversee the team’s copywriting efforts, including our product and social copy. You will need to have an understanding of the current state of conversation around sexuality and a sense of how Kama’s tone of voice can fit into the landscape. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has excellent organizational skills, a proven ability to work both independently & collaboratively, and is passionate about our mission.
- Develop, implement, and manage Kama’s editorial strategy
- Write the articles that will form the initial Kama editorial offering
- Build and manage a network of contributors to source articles and content for the editorial platform
- Define and track the most important editorial KPIs
- Lead copywriting for our product, website, and social media pages
- Stay up to date with the sexuality industry landscape, understanding the key issues of our time and what Kama’s viewpoint should be
- You have 8+ years of proven experience in leading the editorial process for online publications
- You have an in-depth understanding of the current public conversation around the topics of sexuality, relationships, and intimacy
- You are excited to get hands-on in the early stages of a high-growth startup. This may include helping to write copy for our iOS app, brand marketing, and email communications
- You have experience in building and managing a network of contributors
- Experience with working remotely if needed
- Desire to have fun at work with a lean and growing team
If you think you would be a good fit, please apply with your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples related to the sexual health or wellness space. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.