The mission behind the role
We are looking for a Chief of Staff interested in running the operations of an application & product-based startup.
You will be ready to drive the company's vision, create an inclusive culture and instil rigour and processes to help the business grow in this unique and exciting environment.
Alongside our team, you will work directly on the key initiatives that shape our offering. Your goal will be to build a high-performing team and help realise the founder's vision to ultimately create the number one destination for customers of sexual wellness and pleasure.
This is a vital role at the company and will have a critical impact on the future of the business and the sexual wellness industry.
The ideal candidate will have prior operational experience in a startup or scale-up. You'll be self-motivated, have excellent organisational skills, have a proven ability to work both independently & collaboratively and are passionate about our brand's mission.
What you’ll be doing
- Working alongside the Founder and run the day-to-day operations of the business including HR, Recruitment, Legal, Finance and Operations.
- Build a high performing and inclusive team. Implement and update existing processes and carry out performance management reviews.
- Managing the P&L, shape and create new operating business models as the company grows.
- Utilise data and insights to capitalise on growth opportunities through customer engagement and strategic partnerships with third-party organisations
- Be responsible for liaising and managing all legal matters with external legal counsel.
- Manage all internal and external communications, PR and marketing initiatives. Acting as an effective conduit with the Founder.
Skills and abilities
- 5-10 years working in operations, growth or strategy.
- Ability to simplify complexity and implement structure from chaos.
- Understand how to utilise OKRs (or a similar goal-setting mechanism) in a way that supports planning across a growing business.
- Comfortable with a P&L, able to have confident discussions in relation to company performance.
- An effective decision-maker with high emotional intelligence and exceptional project management skills.
- Great management and organisational skills.
- Excellent self-starter who can collaborate and communicate with all levels of staff.
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- Drive a positive and inclusive culture.
- A curiosity for the topics of sexuality, relationships, and intimacy, as well as a desire to positively impact the world.
If you think you would be a good fit, we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com with your resume/CV and cover letter to apply.
We are building the sex, love, and intimacy superbrand of the future. Kama is a wellbeing platform based on the science-backed idea that pleasure is health. With stress being the number one proxy killer in the world today, our mental health is more important than ever. As a society, however, we too often focus on pain and look to the brain to restore balance. This is why Kama has a different approach to wellbeing. We are shifting the focus to our body and placing pleasure at the forefront of the experience, regardless of your background, sexual preferences, body type, age, or gender.
Our first product, launching publicly in August, is a sexual wellness self-discovery guide for gentle exploration, real communication, and fulfilling intimacy. We offer a personal experience that is expertly curated and backed by science. More than a business, Kama is a social movement aimed at turning the biggest cultural taboo into a positive conversation by building a diverse and engaged community.
Kama was founded by Chloe Macintosh, an experienced entrepreneur who was most recently Chief Creative Officer at Soho House Group. Chloe previously co-founded Made.com, one of the fastest-growing startups in UK history. Sexual wellness has been a life-long passion for Chloe, and Kama is the product of over 15 years of self-discovery, research, and preparation. Through Kama, her mission is to help people access their pleasure.
Our investors are a diverse group of the world’s leading VC firms and influential angels, including AlleyCorp (led by Kevin Ryan, founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt Groupe, Business Insider), Female Founders Fund, and Raine Group.
The mission behind Kama
In 2019, the World Association for Sexual Health declared pleasure a human right: “It is everyone’s birthright and therefore it should be included in all aspects of healthcare education and training.”
Our mission is to transform how we experience pleasure and its role in our wellbeing. We want to help people of all ages, genders, and sexualities make sexual satisfaction a part of their everyday lives by connecting their mind, body, and heart.
We are designed for infinite pleasure, which is why Kama is shifting the focus back to our bodies and taking a different approach to wellness and wellbeing. We are placing pleasure at the forefront of the conversation.